The Texas Policy Lab is seeking a data scientist who will work on pressing early childhood policy issues in Texas. The successful candidate will work with other members of TPL and faculty at Rice University to contribute to analytical projects involving large administrative and survey-generated datasets in early childhood.
If you have relevant experience with data analysis, we would like to hear from you. The desired start date is January 2020.
We prefer candidates with:
- Expertise, as demonstrated by advanced coursework or other relevant work experience, in quantitative methods and working with large administrative datasets.
- Strong programming skills in statistical and/or computational programs. Knowledge of Stata and/or R is preferred.
- Experience in importing, linking, reshaping, and managing large administrative datasets.
- Interest in using data to make early childhood policy decisions.
- Ability to communicate complex data analysis techniques and methods with other researchers.