The Texas Policy Lab (TPL) is assisting state and local health leaders in efforts to improve population health for all Texans. The TPL is able to provide support and expertise on a variety of public health and healthcare related topics, such as traditional, molecular, and analytic epidemiology research to support the ongoing COVID-19 response, qualitative data collection to better understand community needs, and analyses of state health improvement plans to inform policy. Members of the TPL’s health team also publish scientific papers on up-to-date, policy-relevant topics, such as COVID-19, which may help inform national and international policy through broader dissemination of timely information.
- Harris County COVID-19 Response- The TPL has been supporting the Harris County Judge’s office with their local response to the COVID-19 outbreak by providing scientific expertise and evidence synthesis on the questions most relevant to both the daily response and ongoing policy development.
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Abilene-Taylor County Public Health
- Harris County Public Health
- Harris County Judge’s Office